RE: network tests not working on ipaq

On 27-Jun-2001 Weilong Li wrote:
> t this moment, it stays there, and on linux host,
> I typed tcp_sink,
>#>./tcp_sink 192.168.1.20
> Start TCP test - SINK mode to 192.168.1.20
> Can't connect to target: No route to host

If you are going to run GDB via the network, then you need
to use two separate IP addresses for your iPAQ.  One address
is to be used for GDB and the other for the eCos programs
which run.

Alternatively, connect to the iPAQ via the serial line.

> and at this time I cannot even ping 192.168.1.20.
> (my linux host machine has ip address of 192.168.1.9).
>
> I found out that after redboot boots from ipaq,
> I can ping ipaq from the linux host, however,
> if I remotely run ANY tests program, the redboot
> will be stuck, so ipaq is not responsive to
> any connection to it, so I cannot ping ipaq from
> linux host.

Unless the eCos program is using the network stack (included
and initialized), it will not respond to network "pings" once
the program starts.