Re: Debug output

"Trenton D. Adams" wrote:

> I noticed that my serial I/O is sending some debug info too if I run my
> ROM based program.  Running the RAM based programming using RedBoot
> doesn't send this information to the serial port, but does send it back
> to GDB.
>
> Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
>                     65536 bytes for mbufs
>                     131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
> serial example is working correctly!
>
> I'm using TCP/IP to connect so I can use the serial port separately from
> the GDB connection.
>
> How do I get rid of this?  I assume it's an option in the eCos config,
> but I can't seem to find it.

I'm not entirely convinced about it's use now myself. When the TCP/IP stack
was new it was informative, but now we could make it optional.

For you, work around it by editting net/tcpip/current/src/ecos/support.c,
in the function cyg_kmem_init().

Gary, any reason not to make a config option that controls debug output. It
could be a component that included other things like DHCP_CHATTER.

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/