Re: Getting the trigger value of an Alarm -> is it possible?

Elias Biris wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am new to the usage of eCos and admittedly I am still trying to learn the
> ropes with RTOSes and embedded sw.
>
> I got a question related to alarms and counters as they get handled in
> eCos. I'd like to have the ability to get the a count of how many ticks are
> remaining at any point in time till the expiration of a timer. Since the
> internals of Cyg_Alarm class are protected, and there is no api to get to
> them I thought someone may have an idea or similar experience. I could do
> something like the following :
>
>  From the outset I am keeping the period of a timer. By getting the time of
> the last expiration I could get to find the number of ticks till the next
> expiration.
>
> However, this is not very accurate. Any ideas ?

This may be one of the times when you find it's really useful to have the
source and customize whatever you want...

Come to the Red Hat TechWorld open source conference in Brussels!
Keynotes, techie talks and exhibitions    http://www.redhat-techworld.com/