Re: Reply-To the list (was: Re: ROM File system ?)

On Wed, 02 May 2001 19:51:51 +0100
Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.com> wrote:

> Fabrice Gautier wrote:
> >
> > Could the list manager add a Reply-To: header set to the list?
> > This would probably avoid some part of the problem...
>
> This can be a matter of religious debate. See:

I tend to agree on some points too but I tend to think that this is
highly list-dependant and MUA dependant.

I could expose plenty of arguments in favor of Reply-To or against the
group-reply.

But, I think that the better solution is probably you (not the list)
setting the Reply-To header when you're replying on the list.

After all if why you are requesting people to reply to the list and not
to you, then set the header accordingly (just like i've done on this
message)

(If there was a Cc-reply-to: this would probably be even better...)

Thanks

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>