Re: RE: RedBoot

"Anthony Massa" <amassa@san.rr.com> writes:
> >Uh, you have called "init_all_network_interfaces()" in you app?  The
> >network doesn't initialize automatically - precisely to allow for the
> >flexibility we've been discussing.  I mean, the dhcp thread will manage
> >your leases *after the interfaces are brung up* but it won't initiate the
> >bringup.
>
> I have the call to init_all_network_interfaces in my application properly -
> as stated in the networking documentation.  I have the call in a thread that
> gets created from my cyg_user_start routine.  Is there any additional
> consideration I need to take into account for the call?

No, that all sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing.

For comparison, you could enable CYGPKG_NET_BUILD_TESTS to let the system
build the network tests, then try ping_test for example.  That brings up
all interfaces using whatever means is configured, then pings the "server"
- in your configuration this should mean uses DHCP then pings the DHCP
server or the boot server that DHCP suggested.

If that fails, try configuring static IP addresses (distinct from the one
you have to RedBoot) for the build and try the same test; this tells us
whether it's the whole network being bad or just the DHCP processing.

> I have configured RedBoot to use a static IP address.
>
> I am still running into the same problem as I mentioned before where the
> network usage gets printed out on the GDB console window, then the hour
> glass sits there for a while, and then the debugger shows program stopped at
> the bottom.

Has the program really stopped?  Does the debugger tell you where?

I can only suggest you breakpoint and step through
init_all_network_interfaces() and see where it's hanging up, sorry.  And of
course compare with the behaviour of the network testcases.

	- Huge