Re: gdb remote debug problem

On 22-Apr-2001 elf@florence.buici.com wrote:
> Today, when I started to do the same thing that worked for me
> yesterday, I am getting the behavior you describe.
>
> I enabled a remotelogfile in GDB and discovered that the remote end
> was sending an the initial string, but never responding to further
> communication.  I'm guesing that my stub isn't running properly.
>
>  - * -  From the log file
>
>  w $qC#b4
>  r ++$T0508:ec370000;04:e00f0000;#4c
>  w +$qOffsets#4b
>  r <Timeout: 2 seconds>
>  w $qOffsets#4b
>
> This is unexpected as this was working OK so recently and I've not
> made either hardware or software changes...that I can think of.

Try typing in the "w" lines manually and see what happens.  I have seen
cases where the '+$qOffsets#4b' came in too fast for the target to
handle.  If this works manually, try generating the target code to run
at a different baud rate, say 19200, instead of 38400.  Then in GDB you'll
need to try:
  (gdb) set remotebaud 19200
  (gdb) tar rem /dev/XXX