Re: RedBoot

> > I initially single-stepped through the first for loop and the board
>hung.
> > Then I read the very detailed comment before which explicitly says not
>to do
> > this.  So I re-ran the application and stepped over it and it still hung
>the
> > board.  I tried to set a breakpoint at the next function call after
> > hal_if_init(), and the board still hangs before hitting the breakpoint.
> >
> > Is there something I should look at or try?
>
>Setting a breakpoint much further in the initialization, like cyg_start.

Are you talking about setting it in stubrom.c or in vectors.S?  Is there a
way to view the assembly source files?  When I start Insight and load my
.img file, I am only able to browse .c and .cxx files.  Do I need to use the
console to set the breakpoint in the .S file?

I have set a breakpoint in my cyg_user_start() routine and found that it
never got to that point.  I was getting the unreadable output that I
mentioned before after the "Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space"
message.  And then the board just seemed to be hung.

Thanks.