Re: RedBoot: load.c srecord input offset fix

Grant Edwards wrote:

> The "offset" variable in load_srec_image() isn't incremented
> properly (assuming its purpose is to keep track of the current
> byte offset in the input stream).  My version of load.c has
> diverged enough that I can't generate a usable patch, so I'll
> summarize the changes:
[snip]

I'm probably being dumb but this doesn't seem right to me either. If it's
purely the offset within the I/O stream, then there should be one per getc.
If it's the offset of the decoded data bytes, there should be one for every
two chars of actual encoded srec data, and the offset shouldn't be
incremented for any of the header or checksum.

What is the "offset" actually meant to _be_ if neither of those two
options?