Re: Redboot and edb7211

"Lewin A.R.W. Edwards" wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> > > Jonathan (I think) posted a specific list of commands for building redboot
> > > recently, that is the specific set of commands I used.
> >
> >Unfortunately there is no edb7xxx-specific section yet (Hi Gary :)), but it
> >should just be a case of following the generic instructions, bearing in
>
> Someone - and I'm pretty sure it was you :) - posted a list of "try me"
> instructions on how to build redboot for the EDB7xxx quite recently. This
> wasn't in the context of providing a generic howto, but rather to
> illustrate to someone how the build process works and/or make sure he was
> following the correct steps.
>
> Anyway, whoever it was - that sequence of steps you posted works :))

Sure, it may well have been me although I don't remember. But I want to
point people at the documentation simply because they _should_ be looking
at the documentation first anyway! Instructions without context will only
get people as far as their next problem.

The answer from the command line by the way is almost certainly just:

ecosconfig new edb7xxx redboot
ecosconfig import ${ECOS_REPOSITORY}/hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/misc/FLIBBLE
ecosconfig tree
make

where FLIBBLE is one of edb7211_redboot.ecm, edb7211_redboot_ROM.ecm,
edb7212_redboot.ecm or edb7212_redboot_ROM.ecm

But still read the documentation first. That's why it's there!