Re: Nested calls to Mutexes

[ Sent this yesterday but it bounced! ]

Rosimildo daSilva wrote:

> Many implementations out there support the concept of
> nested/balanced mutex calls. That is the programmer's
> expectation. Sorry, to put this way, but I consider
> this a *bug*.

POSIX doesn't. Quite the opposite in fact, and that's hardly an obscure
standard....
"An attempt by the current owner of a mutex to relock the mutex results in
undefined behavior".

And "undefined behavior" means anything from the recursive mutexes you want
to contacting NORAD with the missile codes to start World War III.

So don't do this, the world is in your hands. :-)