questions about redboot

Hi,
    My target platform is edb7212, I use serial port to communicate with
    my host. I have use dl_edb7xxx to download redboot.bin into my target,
    and can see the Redboot> prompt now.
    Currently, I am trying to download ecos into target.
    But I have some question about redboot.
    Can I use redboot to debug kernel like that when I writing NT/9x
    driver? (which have kernel debugging tools which could let me source
    level and single step trace my driver)
    If it could, how to setting up so that I can do so?
    If it couldn't, what ability it provide? Is it just provide me for
    downloading image?

        Thanks in advance for your help.

                                   Liang Ming-Chung