Re: Req for Comments: Power management and Memory Protection

Dominic Ostrowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're currently engaged in adding support to eCos for power managment
> and memory protection on ARM platforms (currently Assabet & Ipaq).
>
> As these topics may be of interest to many eCos developers - we would
> particulalrly welcome your feedback on these two docs:
>
> An overview of Power Management under eCos (pdf)
> An overview of Memory Protection under eCos
>
> (from http://www.3glab.org/developer/ecos/)
>
> Reply either via this list or directly to richard.panton@3glab.com (for
> memory protection) or bill.munday@3glab.com (for power management).
>
> Dominic
>
> (See www.3glab.org for the latest open source developments and
> www.3glab.com for company info)

Hi,

I am very interested in power management strategies under strongarm-eCos,
so I read the document and pricipally I have two comments:

1. I modified ecos kernel by putting the proc in idle mode when it reaches
the idle thread,
    and I found that it's not necessary to reenable clock switching after
exiting the idle mode.
    However, what's the exact sequence of operation you make before and
after entering the idle mode?

2. I wrote some multimedia standalone applications for my strongarm-based
board. Now I'm in the process
     of porting under eCos these programs. I used speed-setting policies
in order to save power, so I'm interested
     on the possibility of using these strategies under eCos. Have you
thought about this? Are you interested on
     this matter?

Andrea.

--
Ing. Andrea Acquaviva