Re: rlwinm problem...

>>>>> "luca" == luca spinacci <luca.spinacci@marconicomms.com> writes:

luca> Hi all, I'm building a project involving quite a number of
luca> assembly code files compiled with cross-gcc for PowerPc.  To
luca> generate my executable I must use a software factory with DIAB
luca> assembler.  The DIAB assembler returns error in each file where
luca> an rlwinm instruction is found.  Actually the rlwinm instruction
luca> by cross-gcc involves 4 elements (e.g.  rlwinm 0,0,31,1) while
luca> the DIAB assembler wants the 5 parameters notation (e.g rlwinm
luca> 0,29,0,31,31). Reading the PowerPc instruction set it seems that
luca> the only acceptable notation is the 5 elements one.  Is there
luca> any options to pass on the command line so that gcc can generate
luca> a 5 elements rlwinm instruction?  Any suggestions?

You should ask on the binutils mailing list instead.

Jesper