RedBoot/GDB-stub questions

My support routines for RedBoot use a hardware timer for the
us_delay() functionality.  Now I need to dedicate that timer
for use by an eCos device driver.

I assume that this will be a problem if I try to use the GDB
stubs in RedBoot to debug an application that uses the driver in
question?

If I use GDB stubs in the application rather than RedBoot, will
it need a us_delay() routine also?  (Same problem then.)

I believe I read somewhere that if you want to debug via TCP,
you need separate IP address for RedBoot and for the
application, but I can't find where I saw that, nor can I
figure out where in the stack that GDB packets are passed to
the GDB stubs via the virtual vector stuff.  (I'd prefer to
dedicate a port to GDB rather than a whole different IP
address, but that's something I'll worry about later.)

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com