Re: eCos: Increase the size of ROM available on AEB-1

Hello Wolfram,

At 11:00 27/02/2001, Wolfram Kattanek wrote:

>The cheapest and fastest solution would be using another 32k of the AEB flash
>ROM which gives you a total of 64k flash (donīt know if that's enough for
>"a fairly large application"). I have a AEB revision C where the memory area
>between 0x4010000 and 0x4017fff is available (be sure to check this with
>the AEB
>monitor command "rommodules"; otherwise some "side effects" could happen like
>overwriting the AEB monitor or Angel). When using the standard memory map from
>eCos only the area between 0x4018000 and 0x401ffff (=32k) is available. In
>order
>to use the additional flash area you have to do the following:

I just wondering: how come there is only extra 32k available? I thought AEB
rev C has 256K flash (0x4000000 - 0x403ffff), and the first 16K is not
available (for Angle and Bootstrap loader)? Is there something wrong with
the way eCos setup the memory map?

I need as much RAM/ROM as possible because I am trying to build a MP3
player with (possibly) a Bluetooth stack. We are trying to decode it on the
board, then play the decoded data through the PC's sound card. As a result
I need to put almost all the code onto the flash and use the RAM as scratch
pad/storage.

Right now I am trying to see whether I can "ROM" a "hello world" apps - to
see how to ROM an application.

>In the files
>    packages/hal/arm/aeb/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_aebC_rom.ldi
>    packages/hal/arm/aeb/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_aebC_rom.h
>you have to change ROM adresses from 0x4018000 to 0x4010000 and ROM length
>from
>0x8000 to 0x10000.
>
>In the file
>    packages/hal/arm/aeb/current/include/plf_stub.h
>you have to change the reset entry from 0x4018000 to 0x4010000.
>
>After downloading your application image into RAM (monitor command "download
>c000") you have to use the command "flashwrite 4010000 c000 10000".

Once I have flash the application onto the ROM, how would you run it? using
the "go" command?

|Sunny Chan                also Sunny Computer Laboratory     |
|Computing (MEng) Year 4    |  "Power of Computing is yours"  |
|Imperial College, London   | http://www.sunnycomputer.co.uk  |
email: sunny_chan@usa.net ICQ UIN: 2110678 mobile: 07887 704088