Re: PCI PC Platform support

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:23:05 -0600
"Herb Ledebohm" <herb@omegaband.com> wrote:

> On another note, what is the status of the Intel 82559 ethernet driver for
> x86?  Although it is not critical that I have it, the latest source does not
> build and I'm just curious if the next release will have full support.

Back in October or November the status was "It works for me"

Now, I think this eth driver has been heavily reworked and i dn't think
my patches will apply now.

(There are patches at ftp://ftp.sigmadesigns.com/ecos , not sure if i
posted some other patches on the list after)

> Although our final target is the IQ80310 Xscale, we're using the PC as a
> starting point (while we wait for our boards), and pc ethernet support would
> have been very helpful.  Perhaps others might find it useful as well (maybe
> Red Hat could provide this without making major improvements to the x86
> port).

That was the same for me. Plus the existing software was written
primarily for x86.

A+

--
Fabrice Gautier