GDB protocol.

  Hi all,

I'm starting to test GDB in my platform (based on an ARM processor).

I have made all my test with an embeddedICE and RAM based programs work
correctly and ROM based programs also work correctly. Now I want to set
GDB in order to prepare developing platforms that don't need embeddedICE
(that's quite cheaper). Maybe I have done it in the inverse order.

  Can anybody tell me or point some documentation about GDB protocol. I
don't want to become a erudit about GDB protocol, I just want to check
that it is working. I'm sure that the eCos package is correctly
programmed, but I'm afraid that my system is too slow to hold high speed
serial communications, so thats why I need for documentation (I would
appreciate even informal documentation about GDB protocol)

  I have seen in this list some messages that said that a string is
shown when GDB comes up, which is this string?

  How have you all tested GDB?

  Well, just one more question. When I connect with the STUB in my
platform from my linux I just have to type this:

  set remotebaud 19200
  target remote /dev/ttyS0

  Is that right?

  Thank you all.