Re: porting process

Aron wrote:

> I recently try to port eCos on new target
> When I do the job, what should I note?
> anyone who has porting experience can tell
> me roughly steps?
> Architecture HAL/Platform HAL
>
> I read the eCos online porting guide.
> I still don't understand the porting process of Architecture HAL. Should I try to edit vector.S first?

  Tell us a little about your project. ¿Which processor are you using? ¿which devices?

  You should try to make a platform port (if your hardware allows it) so your platform can be quickly
adapted to new architecture upgrades.

  My personal experience about porting (I'm actually porting an ARM variant, platform porting) is that
the first thing you have to modify is memory layout. Then try to make as soon of posible your target talk
(via serie, via display, via leds... no iterrupts, just polling)...
  ... tell us about your hardware.

--
Rafael Rodríguez Velilla        rrv@tid.es
Telefónica I+D          http://www.tid.es