Re: Enable thumb interworking?

    Lewin> Hi again Bart,
    Lewin> Secondly, why is the ecos/install/lib/target.ld file always
    Lewin> generated incorrectly by ecosconfig? The spacing is all
    Lewin> screwed; every word has a carriage return after it. I have

    >> generated by the C preprocessor, or some of the files being
    >> #include'd contain spurious carriage returns e.g. because they
    >> were just copied directly from a Windows box. I have never seen
    >> the actual behaviour you describe, so you'll have to
    >> investigate further. Problems with the

    Lewin> I could understand that... I have redownloaded _all_ the
    Lewin> components using Linux (so every text file I have,
    Lewin> particularly thinking here of CVS stuff, should now be
    Lewin> UNIX-EOL-convention), I will try it out later this
    Lewin> afternoon.

    Lewin> It is odd that it's only this one file affected. Is there
    Lewin> no other intermediate file in eCos that's generated with
    Lewin> the same process?

A quick find/fgrep combo suggests that most occurrences of $(CC) -E
are either in architectural or platform HALs, presumably to generate
the linker script. One other candidate is in the current memory
allocator services package CYGPKG_MEMALLOC (anoncvs, not 1.3.1) where
I see the following:

        make -priority 50 {
            heapgeninc.tcl : <PACKAGE>/src/heapgen.cpp
            $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCLUDE_PATH) -Wp,-MD,heapgen.tmp -E $< > $@
            @echo $@ ':' $< '\' > $(notdir $@).deps
            @tail +2 heapgen.tmp >> $(notdir $@).deps
            @echo >> $(notdir $@).deps
            @rm heapgen.tmp
        }

So if your configuration is based on anoncvs and uses malloc, you
might want to check what happens here.

Bart