Re: network support

Gary Thomas wrote:

> The way I did this using the Windows Config Tool was
>   Build->Templates
>     Hardware = Cirrus Logic development board
>     Packages = net
>
> This selection is equivalent to the 'ecosconfig' steps above.  All of the appropriate
> options are automatically enabled and it should "just work".

Thank you for your reply. I've done this exactly but I still have a problem running the
ping_test example.
There is no session trace:

<<output begins here>>
Start address 0x8060 , load size 162686
Transfer rate: 28293 bits/sec, 305 bytes/write.
(gdb) break cyg_test_exit
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8558: file
//C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/net/tcpip/v1_0b1/tests/ping_test.c, line 74.
(gdb) break cyg_assert_fail
Function "cyg_assert_fail" not defined.
(gdb) break cyg_test_init
Function "cyg_test_init" not defined.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.
Network stack using 65536 bytes for misc space
                    65536 bytes for mbufs
                    131072 bytes for mbuf clusters
Start PING test
... Done

Breakpoint 1, cyg_test_exit ()
    at //C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/net/tcpip/v1_0b1/tests/ping_test.c:74
74          while (1) ;
(gdb) set cyg_test_is_simulator=0
No symbol "cyg_test_is_simulator" in current context.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, cyg_test_exit ()
    at //C/PROGRA~1/REDHAT~1/eCos/packages/net/tcpip/v1_0b1/tests/ping_test.c:74
74          while (1) ;
(gdb) *** 11:30:51 Run complete
<<output ends here>>

I then had a look at the configuration file.
Below is the part of the "ecc" file related the network
drivers. All variables related to the NET_DRIVERS are assigned
a 0 value.
In the (Windows NT) eCos Configuration Tool, the items Initialization
options for 'eth0', are greyed out, and thus can't be
modified.
Do you have any hint about what I'm doing wrong?

<<ecc file exceprt begins here>>
# <
# <
# Network drivers
#
cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS {
    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Current_value: 0
};

# Does the hardware provide an 'eth0' device?
#
cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 {
    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Current_value: 0

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS
    #     ActiveIf: (CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 == 1)
};

# Initialization options for 'eth0'
#
cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS {
    # This option is not active
    # ActiveIf constraint: (CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 == 1)
    #     CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0 == 0
    #   --> 0

    # There is no associated value.
};

# >
# Initialization options for 'eth0'
#
cdl_interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP {
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL, inactive, disabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP, inactive, enabled
    # Implemented by CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS, inactive, disabled
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS is not active

    # This value cannot be modified here.
    # Current_value: 0
    # Requires: 1 == CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP
    #     CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP == 0
    #   --> 0

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # interface CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP
    #     Requires: 1 == CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP
};

# Initialize 'eth0' manually?
#
cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS is not active

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0
};

# Use BOOTP/DHCP to initialize 'eth0'?
#
cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS is not active

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 1
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1
};

# >
# Show BOOTP/DHCP initialization values?
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP_SHOW {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP is not active

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 1
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1
};

# <
# Address setups for 'eth0'
#
cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_SETUP_OPTIONS is not active

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0
};

# >
# IP address for 'eth0'
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is disabled

    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 192.168.1.2
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 192.168.1.2
};

# Network mask address for 'eth0'
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_NETMASK {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is disabled

    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 255.255.255.0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1
};

# <
# Address setups for 'eth0'
#
[...]

    # Default value: 255.255.255.0
};

# Broadcast address for 'eth0'
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_BROADCAST {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is disabled

    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 192.168.1.255
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 192.168.1.255
};

# Gateway/router IP address for 'eth0'
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_GATEWAY {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is disabled

    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 192.168.1.101
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 192.168.1.101
};

# Server IP address for 'eth0'
#
cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_SERVER {
    # This option is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is not active
    # The parent CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS is disabled

    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 192.168.1.101
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 192.168.1.101
};