Re: memory layout

>>>>> "Natarajan," == Natarajan, Mekala (CTS) <NMekala@chn.cognizant.com> writes:

Natarajan,> is there any option in the kernel configuration so that i
Natarajan,> can reduce the code size.

Yes, many. But if you're looking for this option:

 CYGBLD_KERNEL_REDUCE_SIZE_TO_HALF

we took it out a few releases back. We had complaints from MicroSoft
and Wind River about unfair competition. Too bad really.

No, seriously, you need to look at your image (use
'tool-prefix-objdump -D image'). What is taking up the space? If it's
the application, changing the eCos configuration is not going to help.

Of course you can also tweak the kernel, libc, libm, posix, <random
package> options to reduce size. But that require that you read the
option descriptions and decide if it's safe/sensible or not to
disable/enable the option. If you need feature X you can obviously not
disable it to save space.

Jesper