Re: sprintf/sscanf w/o stdio package?

Grant Edwards wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 08:30:17PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>
> > > Everything builds
> > > (and runs) fine, but now I get error messages from ecosconfig
> > > about missing packages required by STDIO.
> >
> > Which ones? It should require the error and strings packages,
> > but those are the only ones of any consequence.
>
> The only one it's complaining about now is
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG.  I presume that's only really
> required if printf() is used?

Ah. Yes that is only required if printf is used. This requirement comes
from a libcdl issue: currently there is no way currently to express that if
CYGDAT_LIBC_STDIO_DEFAULT_CONSOLE is set to /dev/ttydiag or /dev/haldiag,
then you need to have those implemented in the I/O package. This came from
some point before when some user tried to do this (use /dev/ttydiag when
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG wasn't enabled). Since CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_HALDIAG is
the default and most common case this requirement was added.

Maybe the requirement should not exist and I should assume that that user's
mistake was a one-off. Opinions?

Certainly you should be able to comment it out in your sources.

Un cheval, pas du glue. Pas du cheval, beaucoup du glue. || Opinions==mine