RE: assabet "hello world" error

On 11-Dec-2000 Jun Wu wrote:
> Hi all,
> I run hello "hello world" examples in assabet, but occurs.
> Anybody help me solve it?
>
> (PS: cofiguration: assabet gdb stubs, eCos assabet default template)
>
> $arm-elf-gdb -nw hello.exe
> (gdb)set remotebaud 38400
> Remote debugging using COM1
> 0x500014b8 in ?? ()
> (gdb)load
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...
> Ignoring packet error, continuing...

You need to configure the eCos kernel to run in RAM mode in order to
use GDB to load/execute the program.  My guess is that you've built
the "hello" application using eCos set up for ROM (possibly stubs) mode.

To create a default eCos configuration, which includes RAM startup:
  # mkdir assabet_eCos
  # cd assabet_eCos
  # ecosconfig new assabet
  # ecosconfig tree
  # make

These steps configure and build the eCos kernel for the Assabet board.
The result is a library which lives in .../assabet_eCos/install/lib.
Use this when you build the "hello" example application.

Note: this is the same process used for all eCos applications.  Just
replace the 'assabet' in the "ecosconfig" line above with your platform.