Re: Building tools with win 95/98

>I just want to find out if anyone has built the tools (gcc, gdb, etc.)
>under Windows 95/98 successfully. This used to fail, but that was several
>iterations of cygwin ago.

Hi,

I successfully built binutils 2.10, gcc 2.95.2 and insight 5.0 under Win98
about a week ago (target arm-elf). I went through unspeakable horror
beforehand, though. I think the Great Old Ones disapprove of this toolchain.

I think there is some random condition involved in the build process, at
least for gcc (I never had problems building binutils or insight). Under
both Windows 2000 and Win98, I had tried the build op several times and it
worked once, failed other times.

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Got any Commodore 16 or VIC-20 hardware, cartridges, tapes?
Visit http://www.larwe.com/vintage/
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/