Re: posix

Nick Garnett wrote:

> Suresh N <nsuresh@cdotb.ernet.in> writes:
>
> > Hi all,
> >       i have downloaded the latest ecos version.
> >       i am trying to add posix compliancy and test.
> >       when i try to give
> >       ecosconfig add posix
>
> It is best to use the POSIX template when configuring for POSIX
> support. Full POSIX support actually consists of components from
> several packages, so just adding the POSIX compatibility package does
> not provide the full functionality.

Or the elix template.

> Alternatively, look at the template and make sure that all the package
> mentioned there are also added.
>
> >       the tool is giving the 8 conflicts resolved.. but still 5
> > conflicts are present in ecos.ecc.. i tried to resolve but i couldn't. so
> > during compilation it is giving errors.
>
> What are these conflicts? They are probably a result of missing packages.

There are no conflicts. The message was actually "8 conflict(s) resolved:"
etc. This is just unclear diagnostic messages causing confusion. At some
point we would like to clean this up, but we're a bit short on time right
now.

All our tools, including libcdl, are open source, so all contributions
welcome!