Re: Modifying memory layout, possible?

>>>>> "Gary" == Gary Thomas <gthomas@redhat.com> writes:

Andreas> I thought that it was in hal_platform_setup.h but this script
Andreas> (PLATFORM_SETUP1)just runs when
Andreas> CYGDBG_HAL_DEBUG_GDB_INCLUDE_STUBS is defined and it is not
>>  This is wrong. The startup code should allow the target to run
>> with ROM startup, doing all the necessary initializations -
>> regardless of the inclusion/exclusion of the GDB stubs.

Gary> Sorry, but on this and some other platforms, no can do :-( The
Gary> startup code moves memory around, and in some cases at least, it
Gary> would be very difficult to allow this code to run after this
Gary> remap had taken place.

Ah, good point. But still, the current code only executes when stubs
are included. That's wrong. In a production system you don't
(necessarily) want stubs to take up space.

So the condition should be:

 #if !defined(CYG_HAL_STARTUP_RAM)

Preventing the code from screwing up a RAM based system.

Right?!? Or am I missing something else?

Jesper