Re: Still MBX860 contact problem..

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Lind <daniel.lind@sth.frontec.se> writes:

Daniel> Hi, I have installed the stub into ROM (socket XU1) according
Daniel> to the eCos manual. Something is wrong because I cant get any
Daniel> contact with my target MBX860. I have used the binary image
Daniel> file gdb_module.bin to program my ROM. After setting baudrate
Daniel> to 38400 and port to COM1I cant get any contact with my target
Daniel> in GDB.

Daniel> This is what it looks like in GDB...  (gdb) set remotebaud
Daniel> 38400 (gdb) target remote COM1 Remote debugging using COM1
Daniel> Couldn't establish connection to remote target putpkt: write
Daniel> failed: permission denied (gdb)_

What does it look like from minicom (or any other terminal emulator)?
Resetting the board should output a string starting with $T. If that
doesn't happen, it may be that the endian selection in your programmer
is wrong (i.e., the flash ends up holding the stub in the wrong endian
mode, preventing execution).

Daniel> I have noticed that the gdb_module.bin in loaders/powerpc-mbx
Daniel> supplied with the eCos installation is of the size 32KB,this
Daniel> differs from the size of gdb_module.bin I have build with eCos
Daniel> configuration tool, this size is 39KB.  Why are they of
Daniel> different sizes? I use the smaller one right now......  Can I
Daniel> have some problem with gdb_module.bin?  How shall I configure
Daniel> the eCos configuration tool to get the right gdb_module.bin or
Daniel> is it the same size for all configurations?

Probably because (a) it's been a while since that stub was built or
(b) some unecessarry packages were removed from the configuration.

Jesper