Re: Ignoring packet error...

  When I first connected the Assabet board to my PC using the Intel
serial/parallel cable, I got these errors. I could see output from the
RedBoot monitor, but nothing I typed had any effect, and running GDB gave
the 'Ignoring packet error' messages.

  It turned out that the serial cable is a three wire cable - ie. does not
provide handshaking signals - and that for some reason, Linux ALWAYS uses
some form of handshaking (I think DSR/DTR handshaking).

  So, I wired up the connector at the PC end to connect RTS & CTS, DSR &
DTR, and to permanently enable DCD. Now it works fine...

Richard Panton
3G Lab Ltd.