How can we fix MBUF problem on old 1.3.1 code base

We are avoiding rebuilding the new anonymous CVS code base.  Therefore, we want to fix the existing network stack and driver code to eliminate "Out of MBUF" panics.

We have MBUF problems both when:

1) when sending thousands of packets using multiple, concurrent ping commands.

2) When staying connected to a single socket and moving long audio data streams through the socket.

Are there are few simple fixes to the 1.3.1 code base to fix the out of MBUFs panic?  What are they?

thanks,

Dan Ash
SonicBox