Re: download problem to i386 pc

danish iftikhar wrote:

> i have built ecos for i386 pc target . i tried to download the prebuilt test
> case ( thread_gdb) through the serial connection from Linux to the i386 kit
> booted from floppy according to the documentation.
> it established the connection & started downloading but it took an hour to
> download this program ( extremely slow) , though the baud rate has been set
> at 38400 . moreever during the download it continuously gave this message at
> the gdb prompt :
>
> ignoring package error , continuing ....
>
> and finally said done.
> But when i did "continue " , the same error message came & nothing happened

Getting packet (not package :-)) errors is normally fatal - it means your
downloaded program will have been corrupted.

Check the connections of your serial cable - does it work for other things?
For example, on the linux box, do:

cu -s 38400 -l /dev/ttyS0

or use "minicom" and type return a few times. You should see packets from
the remote GDB stub every time you do it, like:

$T0508:.....#ab

or similar.

Look at the PC target's screen - you should see the serial traffic being
displayed. If you don't, then it hasn't even got as far as that.