Question on PCI Interrupt translation

Dear Jifl,

I have some question on the PCI interrupt translation, hope you can shed me some light. Thanks in advance!

In the PCI library docuement, there is a kernel API called cyg_pci_translate_interrupt(), it is used to translate the PCI interrupt requested by device to the accosiated CPU interrupt. When I read the Macro definiation in plf_io.h for NEC vrc4373, I didn't catch the idea of how to actually do the mapping. Supposely my PCI board can staticaly map to #INTA instead of #INTB - #INTD, right? so I needn't translate the interrupt, just allocate HAL INT11 to it, right?

Actually I follow what I described, I create the interrupt and hard wire it to IRQ 11, I can actually observe the falling edge of interrupt signal on the PCI bus, but I can not see the ISR and DSR are called. Did I miss anything important?

I read the test cases for intr, I didn't find an realistic sample to test the interrupt mechanism, since the test case just cover the function call part, not real interrupt is generated. Is there any working interrupt sample?

Sorry for my dump question, and thanks for your patience!

Best Regards,
-Ling