Re: trying to build ecosconfig for Solaris 7

    >> You need to build the entire host-side tree and not just
    >> ecosconfig, since the latter relies on various libraries such
    >> as libcdl.a. You should be using the configure script that is
    >> in the same directory as the README file. That will take care
    >> of all the required subdirectories in the appropriate order.

    Deborah> Thank you Bart, this was the trick. The README isn't that
    Deborah> specific about which configure script to use in the
    Deborah> tools/src tree (and I found several). I used
    Deborah> tools/src/configure and the configure worked properly the
    Deborah> first time.

I have updated the README file to make things clearer (hopefully).
The presence of multiple configure scripts is in large part just the
way autoconf and automake expect to be used, and there is not a lot I
can do about that. I might be able to add some sanity checks to the
various lower-level configure scripts, so that the problem is caught
earlier and a sensible diagnostic is given, something I'll try to look
into at some point.

Bart