Re: Build eCos under Windows and Linux w/ same source tree?

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 06:18:30PM +0100, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

> Firstly, you can change the destination directory. But since
> installing the source tree isn't what you want anyway, you
> could cheat - get the ecosconfig.exe tool from
> http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/anoncvs.html under the bit about
> updated host tools.

Ah. I should have though of that. It didn't occur to me that
there would be executables in the CVS repository.

> >I'd like to be able to build eCos under Windows using the same
> >source tree I build from under Linux.
>
> Make sure you use the "Linux" version of the tree, i.e. without
> CRLF endings. Otherwise you may get problems on Linux with CRs
> at the end of lines such as preprocessor continuation chars,
> e.g.
>
> #if defined(foo) || \
>     defined(bar)

Thanks for the tip.  I just finished building eCos under
Windows by doing the "ecosconfig tree" under Linux and copying
the build-tree over to Windows and doing a "make".

Once I copied /bin/bash.exe to /bin/sh.exe everything was
peachy-keen.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com