Help with GCC and ARM

Greetings,

Am new to eCos, trrying to get a demo up and running an an ARM AEB-1 board.  Have downloaded eCos and GCC, trying to figure out how to build the GNU tools for an ARM processor.  Does not seem to be anything in the docs about doing this.

(1) Is this the "best" forum for questions about GCC configuration?

(2) Downloaded GCC from the GNU website.  Did I get the right download?

(3) Have I overlooked something in the docs that came with GCC?

TIA,
Mike Lackey
PESA Switching Systems
330-A Wynn Dr.