where are the files for include

Hi dear all:

    Now I have built all the compile tools and gdb for my system. After this, I wrote a simple program as the following:

    #include "stdio.h"
    int main(void)
    {
      printf("Hello CYGWIN");
      printf("Testing eCos");
    }

    the file name of this program is main.c, and used the command

    mips-tx39-elf-gcc -c main.c

    but the system prompt me "Could not find stdio.h", and I check my development evn, I found that there are no include files for the chip and there are no standard ANSI C library which include priftf, scanf, ....
So,does the situation correct?? How could I got the standard include files and how to make the standard library???

        Thanks

    Adon Chen