RE: goahead webserver do nothing

On 21-Aug-2000 Guillermo GARCIA wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I try to run the goahead webserver 2.1 on the edb7212 board.
> i have installed 'ecos-1.3.1-1.i386.rpm' with the TCP/IP stack
> 'net-1.0b1.epk'
>
> to do this i did the following steps.
>
> 1. mkdir ecos-work
> 2. cd ecos-work
> 3. ecosconfig new edb7xxx
> 4. tclsh ecosadmin.tcl net-1.0b1.epk
> 5. ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET
> 6. ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_ETH_DRIVERS
> 7. ecosconfig add CYGPKG_NET_EDB7XXX_ETH_DRIVERS
> 8. i have edited the ecos.ecc file to change some 'user_value'.

The most likely problem is that you need to expand the space reserved
for malloc().  In the current version, memory for malloc() comes from
a fixed size pool which is woefully too small for the GoAhead web
server.  Try making this additional configuration change:

cdl_option CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE {
    # Flavor: data
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    user_value 1638400
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 16384
    # Legal values: 32 to 0x7fffffff
};

Note: if you are using the command line 'ecosconfig', you can retrieve
your changes via the "export" command.  For example:

  % ecosconfig export config
  % cat config
  cdl_savefile_version 1;
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template package };
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
  cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };

  cdl_configuration eCos {
      description "" ;
      hardware    edb7212 ;
      template    net ;
      package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM current ;
      package -hardware CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
      package -hardware CYGPKG_DEVS_ETH_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
      package -hardware CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_EDB7XXX current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_HAL current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_IO current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_INFRA current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_KERNEL current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_LIBC current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_LIBM current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_UITRON current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_IO_WATCHDOG current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_IO_WALLCLOCK current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_ERROR current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_NET current ;
      package -template CYGPKG_IO_ETH_DRIVERS current ;
  };

  cdl_option CYGHWR_HAL_ARM_EDB7XXX_VARIANT {
      user_value EP7212
  };