Re: Section garbage collection and function addresses

Hi, Chris,

Have you successfully got the mips64 toolchain work now? I may meet the same
problem as you, I use gdb5.0, egcs-2000-5-30, and binutils 2.10, I can not
succeed in try to debugging since the main funciton has an address 0x0. I
turned off the -gc-sections option, and tried to run it in simulation
target, I still met some problem for accessing some wrong address. It is
really strange, since I knew at least Jifl and Charles use the MIPS
evaluation baord Vr4373 quite well, I almost applied the some version
binutils, gcc and gdb, how come I can not overcome that.

Hi, Bart,

If I buy the customer support from RedHat, it is possible the toolchain
problem will be solved?

Regards,
-Ling