Re: About SBSS

Alexandre D'Alton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have configured eCos with CYGNUM_LIBC_MALLOC_MEMPOOL_SIZE of 30MBytes,
> and now booting eCos takes a lot of time...

Yeah. I've fixed this now, but it's not in the public sources yet.

> I saw that this memory is in the SBSS section, this section is
> initialized in vectors.S.
> My question is :
>  -Will eCos works normally if I do not initialize SBSS or have I to
> create another linker section in order to hold the malloc() memory ?

No, you must still initialize the sbss. But creating a linker section for
the malloc memory is probably the best thing to do for now. If you edit the
code in language/c/libc/VERSION/src/stdlib/malloc.cxx you can add an
__attribute__((section(".mysection"))) to the malloc pool static array
definition so that it goes in that section. You will then have to map that
input section to an appropriate new output section in the linker script.

HTH,