Re: problems with MBUFs (TCP/IP stack)

Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 03:50:38PM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
> > I've set up a test script that starts and stops my host-end
> > application, and so far have about 500 TCP/IP open/close cycles
> > without problems.  I haven't been printing MBUF counters, but I
> > haven't seen any panics or anything else odd.  After I let this
> > run for a while longer, I might have to try it with the program
> > from the test suite.
>
> I'm currently running the server_test program on my target
> board and have done 1000+ connections with no problems.  I'm
> running eCos 1.3.1 and networking package version 1.0b1 w/ some
> mutex patches from sometime in April.

I've seen the out-of-mbufs issue in a variant of the ping test that I'm
playing with, but as usual, it was cured by remembering to close the socket
when I'm done with it.  That cures it anyway, it seems.

Maybe it depends on what you do with the socket even if you do close it?

Just a data point.

	- Huge