Re: problems with MBUFs (TCP/IP stack)

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 03:50:38PM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:

> I've set up a test script that starts and stops my host-end
> application, and so far have about 500 TCP/IP open/close cycles
> without problems.  I haven't been printing MBUF counters, but I
> haven't seen any panics or anything else odd.  After I let this
> run for a while longer, I might have to try it with the program
> from the test suite.

I'm currently running the server_test program on my target
board and have done 1000+ connections with no problems.  I'm
running eCos 1.3.1 and networking package version 1.0b1 w/ some
mutex patches from sometime in April.

I tried out a CVS snapshot a week or so ago and saw one or two
"null mbuf" panics (which the mutex patches were to have
fixed).  The CVS version and my patched 1.0b1 behaved the same
in respect the bug I was tracking down, so I continued using my
patched 1.0b1 and have not had time to look into the "null
mbuf" panics I saw.

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com