This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Serial tests fail on ARM AEB
- To: "'ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com'" <ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: [ECOS] Serial tests fail on ARM AEB
- From: "Anders Holmberg (QMW)" <Anders dot Holmberg at emw dot ericsson dot se>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:14:16 +0200
I am having problems running the serial tests on my ARM AEB revision C board. When serial2.exe is executed I receive the following message:
FAIL:<Can't lookup /dev/ser1> Line: 1118, File: //C/ecos/packages/io/serial/v1_3_1/tests/ser_test_protocol.inl
I am using eCos 1.3.1 and have only made the following changes to the ARM AEB default template:
- AEB board revision = C
- Activate AEB serial port 0 and 1
When I look a bit closer using gdb it seems like there is no devices installed at all (__DEVTAB__ and __DEVTAB_END__ points to the same address in space, see below).
(gdb) info address __DEVTAB__
Symbol "__DEVTAB__" is at 0x120f8 in a file compiled without debugging.
(gdb) info address __DEVTAB_END__
Symbol "__DEVTAB_END__" is at 0x120f8 in a file compiled without debugging.
and the variables aeb_serial_io0 and aeb_serial_io1 are undefined. This of course makes the function cyg_io_lookup fail which in the end gives me the error message above.
- Cygwin 1.1.2
- eCos 1.3.1
- arm-elf-gcc 2.96