This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Loopback patch
- To: ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Loopback patch
- From: Hugo Tyson <hmt at cygnus dot co dot uk>
- Date: 21 Jun 2000 12:07:17 +0100
- Newsgroups: cygnus.sourceware.ecos.d
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions, a Red Hat company (Cambridge, UK)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Sorin Babeanu" <email@example.com> writes:
> The attached patch contains a few modifications I have made in order to make
> the loopback interface work on eCos without a real network device.
> It also contains tests for ping, udp and tcp.
Just to keep folks up to date: Sorin, thanks for that. I'm in the process
of adopting it into the trunk - actually a variation on your patch which
sets up the loopback dev in init_all_network_interfaces(), and is more
configurable for 0,1,N loopback devs.
The tests are great, thanks, we can start to run meaningful network tests
on all platforms with those in place, I'll just be adding PASS/FAIL
messages so we can automate those in our test farm.
It'll all show up in anoncvs by the end of this week.
Is there any call for me to supply an alternative patch on this forum?
I won't do so unless people ask. Any replies to the list please, not me.