This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: eCos Tools
- To: amassa at cts dot com
- Subject: [ECOS] Re: eCos Tools
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour at redhat dot co dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 13:34:14 +0100
- CC: eCos <ecos-discuss at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Organization: Red Hat UK Ltd.
- References: <email@example.com>
Anthony Massa wrote:
> I noticed in the build process that in the tools/H-i686-pc-cygwin directory
> there is a bin directory with the powerpc-eabi-xxx tools, but there is also
> a powerpc-eabi/bin directory with certain tools (ld, etc.) in it as well.
> What are the differences between these tools created and why are there two
> different sets of tools created for certain utilities?
> Which tools should be used for what processes?
Just use the ones in H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin
The ones in powerpc-eabi/bin are used internally by the compiler so that
there are versions of those tools in known locations, independent of the
program prefix, which doesn't have to be "powerpc-eabi-"
Those tools are exactly the same as the ones in H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin, but
it is unwise to use them because they have the same names as your native
Red Hat, 35 Cambridge Place, Cambridge, UK. CB2 1NS Tel: +44 (1223) 728762
"Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow." || These opinions are all my own fault