ecos 131 without gcc

Hi,

I'm trying to  build ecos 131 for CL7111 but  I don't want to use gcc.
( Yes I know ecos is designed for gcc and uses specific features, but I
have a working version 1.2.9)

I want to use another compiler, but where can I set the name for this?
I noticed that in the configuration tool I can specify the prefix, but -gcc
is appended. Is there a way to prevent this?

thanks in advance
Rene Affourtit