Re: Two questions about testing.

Jesper Skov <jskov@redhat.com> writes:
> [...]
[...]
> Jonathan> If you wanted to write and contribute some new tests,
> Jonathan> naturally we'd be grateful :-).
>
> That would be nice. Specifically, with FPU support we'd want to test
> that nothing breaks if multiple threads are sharing the FPU.  Most of
> the libm tests only use a single thread, so they wouldn't be exercise
> the HAL FPU context switch code very well.

Well, maybe I'll make one after I figure out why 'asin' test halts half its
way as soon as I build all with -mhard-float flag :-( Hopefully it just causes
floating point exception at some value from the test vector, and the exception
isn't yet handled properly.

I think the test for HAL FPU support should run 3 threads at the same
priority level that are time-sliced. Two of these threads should perform
floating point computations, and one should not use floating point (to test
not yet implemented lazy FPU context switches). I also think this test belongs
to 'hal/common' set.

Any comments?

Sergei.