Re: MIPS TX-39 and Debug Information ---

>From: Jonathan Larmour <jlarmour@redhat.co.uk>
>To: Rosimildo daSilva <rosimildo@hotmail.com>
>CC: ecos-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
>Subject: Re: [ECOS] MIPS TX-39 and Debug Information ---
>Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 16:25:47 +0100
>
>Rosimildo daSilva wrote:
> >
> > BTW, if I check the hello.o, I can see that the debug info it is
> > there. So, it seems to be something related with the link phase.
> > The '-g' flag is included with the flags passed to the linker.
>
>When you say the debug info is there, do you mean a .mdebug section, or are
>there also sections beginning ".debug"? The latter indicates DWARF
>debugging info, which is what is *meant* to be there.

It has a section ".mdebug".
I do not have access to the machine with the files right now, so i
can not attach it to the list. I did not see any ".debug" section. So my
conclusion, from what you said, is that there is no deubg info at all.

One more thing, if I use:

'mips-tx39-objdump --sources hello.o

I can see the C source and its assembly code.

I'll repost a message later today with the information of the
sections in hello.o.

thanks, Rosimildo.