Re: Porting eCos to SC140

    Cristi> I'm studying some embedded real-time operating systems on
    Cristi> SC140. Therefore, I'll have to port eCos to SC140. Is
    Cristi> anybody working on something similar?

Unlikely I am afraid. eCos has a number of dependencies on the GNU
toolchain, see
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ecos/faq.html#porting_compiler
for details. Looking at the current gcc source tree I cannot see any
sign of StarCore support. It is possible that there has been a gcc
port to that architecture, but if so it does not appear to have been
contributed back to the net community.

Without a working and up to date GNU toolchain, porting eCos will
prove rather difficult and I would have to advise against it.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer