Re: ECOS on StrongArm processor.

Hello,

You CAN use the 1.2.1 ARM7 port with a few modifications. The
coprocessor instructions handeling the cache differs (not all the ARM
instructions are available on the SA) and you also need to add some
cache clean code when setting/deleting breakpoints and singlestepping
in order to make this work in cached and buffered RAM (It seems to me
that singlestepping would not work in cached and buffered RAM on the
ARM either).

However, as far as I know, there is a SA110 port in the next release
of eCos wich is due to be released soon. Perhaps it's a better idea
to wait for that one (we did'nt have time to wait, so we're currently
using the 1.2.1 release on SA110).

Also, the eCos tools are not 'officially' supporting SA (yet),
allthough we've had no problems so far.

/Dan