Re: Path from eCos to ARM 'aif' format?

    Mick> We want to target code developed using eCos to a particular
    Mick> HW/SW co-verifier. This tool has an ARM7TDMI model but
    Mick> unfortunately it at present requires the older aif (Arm
    Mick> Intermediate Format) as source to their proprietary utility
    Mick> that generates S-Records and associated debug information
    Mick> files.

    Mick> We looked at using ARM's fromelf utility to translate elf
    Mick> generated using arm-elf-gcc, but it transpires that fromelf
    Mick> is very ARM toolchain specific.

    Mick> Can anyone help with the immediate problem of getting code
    Mick> with eCos compiled and down to aif?

If you can make do with just S-Records at the end of the day, it
should be possible to coax objcopy into generating those.

If you really do need aif support then I do not think there is a
simple solution. There is no support in the GNU tools for that format,
and it seems unlikely that any such support will be added at this
stage. Unless you can coax the ARM tools into doing the right thing
somehow I suspect you are out of luck.

Bart Veer // eCos net maintainer