Path from eCos to ARM 'aif' format?

We want to target code developed using eCos to a particular HW/SW co-verifier.
This tool has an ARM7TDMI model but unfortunately it at present requires the
older aif (Arm Intermediate Format) as source to their proprietary utility that
generates S-Records and associated debug information files.

We looked at using ARM's fromelf utility to translate elf generated using
arm-elf-gcc, but it transpires that fromelf is very ARM toolchain specific.

Can anyone help with the immediate problem of getting code with eCos compiled
and down to aif?

Thanks

Mick

--
* Mick Patrick, Cadence Design Systems, VCC PV, 1 Alba Campus, Livingston,
*       EH54 7HH, Scotland. Tel +44 1506 596125  Fax +44 1506 595959